Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Well, folks...

...today was one of those days.

This whole week has been so busy. I feel like a chicken running around with my head cut off. Or maybe a balloon that's been blown up and released without anyone tying the end in a knot. Ever watched one of those shoot all over the room, like a plane without a pilot?

~ We've been painting the shutters on our house. What a huge project! (More on that in another post)
~ I've a big wood project that I've been working on with my brother all summer that reeeeally needs to be finished.
~ There's food from the garden to preserve.
~ There's garden chores to be done.
~ I have sewing lessons to teach.
~ I have a bedroom to clean.
~ I have 2 CDs of messages that I've been meaning to listen to for over a week.
~ I had phone calls to make.
~ Errands to run.
~ Food to bake.
~ Dishes to wash.
~ Two urgent sewing projects. (Don't even ask about the un-urgent ones!)
~ So many books on my "to read" list that I don't know where to begin.
~ And ever so many other little things that make a day busy.

I suppose all this looks small on paper. (Uh, make that "on screen.") But to me, these aren't just words. These are things that I have to get done. Things that make me constantly think "okay, when am I going to get to that?"

It would all be much more bearable if I was in a good mood. But I'm in the dumps today. So even little things seem huge.

I'm thankful that it's 9:59pm. I've been ready for bed for 3 hours. But we were out late a church tonight, for prayer meeting and Bible study.

The topic?

Romans chapter 8 verse 28: "And we know that all things work together for good for them that love God, to them who are called according to His purpose."

Thank you, Lord.

No comments: