Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Plants...

We had a frost on Sunday, and I keep thinking that perhaps our beautiful fruit trees have lost their chance to bear fruit this year. It's too soon to tell for sure, but when I was outside this afternoon, I saw that most of the blossoms have fallen off. Were they about to fall off anyway, or were they killed? The sharp spikes left behind offer such a contrast to the soft round petals that were there before.

The Lord made them, and He sure has the right to kill them - like Jonah and the gourd. ...But it still seems sad. I don't always understand His ways.

On a happier note - I've planted carrots today and yesterday, and they should be coming up in 7-21 days. Can't wait! We've never had carrots do very well in our garden, but there's always a first for everything, right?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh thats sad about ya'lls trees...but maybe they will pull through, I hope so!
And I do hope your carrots do well~~we've not had much sucess with carrots in our garden :)


Anna

Amber said...

Thanks, Anna! I hope so, too!