Saturday, April 11, 2009

Because I don't have enough time to do a full post...

Highlights of my day:

~ Heather's birthday. My only older sibling! She's more wonderful every year. Are there any words to describe the relationship between two sisters who love one another? We've grown up together, gotten into trouble together, argued together, laughed together, planned together, borrowed each other's clothes, giggled together under the covers at night, prayed together, looked up Bible verses late at night when we're having a discussion, ...we've cried together, grown older together, and (hopefully) matured together. I love her SO much.

*Yep, she's a little bossy. I'm a little whiny.
*She's a little messy. I'm a little bit of a neat-freak. (When she gets around to it, she cleans better than I do.)
*She likes to bake sweets. I prefer to make homemade bread.
*When we're in public, she likes to listen, and I like to talk. When we're alone together, she likes to talk and I like to listen.
*She has everybody's phone number, address, date of birth, and favorite color memorized, and I have to ask her when the birthdays of some of my very good friends are.
*She has sore shoulders and back, and I have good massaging hands.
*She has good tastes in fabric but hates to sew, and I have no money for fabric but love to sew. :)
*She can play piano music that I would butcher, and I can grow plants that she would let die of thirst (accidentally, of course).

We complement one another perfectly. We're very different, but we like it that way. We're best friends. I don't think I could live without her. She reminds me that life is to be lived with joy, and I remind her of the theological, philosophical, and otherwise long-worded things that I find so important.

But I am starting to sound like I really DO have time for a full post. So on to highlight #2.

~ Went bike riding as a family this afternoon. 7 miles on a river-side trail. Lovely. We reminded me of Sound of Music, all strung out along the trail with different sized riders on each bike. (...Note to self; When choosing to ride a bike while wearing a skirt, ...on a VERY windy day....do not pick such a full skirt. Doesn't work too well.)

~ Frosted a carrot cake with Tiffany. Fun sister project.

~ Made rolls for tomorrow. Turned out great. I love this recipe more every time I use it.

~ Got my Pampered Chef order. Yippee!

~ Went last-minute gift shopping at an old bookstore. I could spend hours in that place!

~ Went shopping with Dad at WalMart at 7:00 in the morning on a Saturday. Fun to see the place so empty.

~...And became very sleepy while typing a blog post. ....

...I think I'll sign off for now. Heather, I love ya. To all my readers; I wish y'all a very blessed Lord's Day tomorrow, and hope it will be filled for each of you with thoughts about our risen Lord, and joy, and hope, and remembrances of promises He's made to us. Remember that song, "Because He lives, I can face tomorrow"?

I serve a risen Savior; He's in the world today.
I know that He is living, whatever men may say.
I see His hand of mercy, I hear His voice of cheer,
And just the time I need Him, He's always near.
He lives! He lives! Christ Jesus lives today.
He walks with me, and talks with me, along life's narrow way.
He lives! He lives! Salvation to impart!
You ask me how I know He lives? He lives within my heart.

3 comments:

Leah said...

Happy Birthday to Heather!

What a blessing to be so close to your sister! Opposites do seem to make the best friends. :)

Happy Resurrection day!

(I'd call that a full size post! :)

Heather said...

I love you too, Am. :) What would we do without each other (of course there are some days that we wonder what we're going to do with each other!)?!? :) You're a great sister! :)

thefreak said...

haha yep =P sisters. pooooor parents... =P