Friday, July 11, 2008

Riches, a Kingdom, and Cleaning

This morning at breakfast, Dad read part of Proverbs 11; "Riches profit not in the day of wrath: but righteousness delivereth from wrath."

He went on to discuss how much money Americans spend on pleasure and entertainment. It's not a sin, but when you think about how you could use that money elsewhere....

Do you ever see boats parked in driveways that probably cost more than the trailer the person lives in? Or people buying cheap unhealthy food so that they can have money for a elaborate vacation? It doesn't make sense to me.

I think the most basic tip I could ever give anyone on living frugally is "spend money where it counts." Riches aren't gonna do me an ounce of good when I stand before the throne of God someday, but righteousness will. Of course I have no righteousness of my own, but through Jesus I am clean. That's why I want to use my money to further His kingdom...and also on practical necessities.

Speaking of which, I thought I'd share a product that my family has used and been very pleased with. Just so you know, I'm not being paid anything to say this! But this is "Frugal Friday," and this is honestly one way of being frugal...and healthy:


Shaklee Basic H2
! Would you believe that this one little 16oz. bottle would make gallons and gallons (48, to be exact) of safe cleaning spray? No chemicals, no harmful residues. All natural. Perfectly safe. You can use it on any washable surface.

Because it lasts forever (well, it seems like it!) One bottle is a great investment. And it's very handy around the home because it's so versatile. We just got a new bottle recently, for our home. At first I didn't recognize it, because last time we'd bought some (in a HUGE bottle, much bigger than 16oz.) the packaging was different. Now they've updated. That's how long it's been!

Well, I'm off to clean the bathroom (honestly!). Guess what I'll be using?

1 comment:

Audra Krell said...

I thought this was a new product too, since the package is different! Thanks for showing and recommending the new one.