Tuesday, July 29, 2008

I prayed, and was answered.

I never did get to sit down and write a post yesterday; the morning was full of housecleaning, and the afternoon was full of teaching sewing lessons and running errands around town.

I do believe the busy day was worth it, though. The house looks much better, the students are progressing so nicely, and best of all, when I was out I was able to share the gospel with a lady.

I've always known that if I want to have opportunities to share the gospel, I must pray for them. I really believed that God would answer those prayers. So I didn't pray. Honestly. I was scared to pray for witnessing opportunities. Scared that I would blow them. Scared I wouldn't say anything - or that I'd say the wrong thing.

But in the past weeks, the Lord has done a work in my heart. These verses have come to my mind:

"When I say unto the wicked, Thou shalt surely die; and thou givest him not warning, nor speakest to warn the wicked from his wicked way, to save his life; the same wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at thine hand. Yet if thou warn the wicked, and he turn not from his wickedness, nor from his wicked way, he shall die in his iniquity; but thou hast delivered thy soul. " Ezekiel 3:18-19


That can really put the fear of the Lord in you.

So I've started praying - praying with my heart in my throat, but praying.

And God answered prayer for me yesterday; I was able to present the gospel to a lady in a waiting room. She was called away before we had finished our conversation, but we got far enough so that she understood what I was saying. She was friendly, but there was no conviction of sin. She left still secure in her own righteousness...as far as I could tell. ...But perhaps the Holy Spirit will keep working on her.

At least I planted a seed.

At least I delivered my soul.

Thank you, Lord, for the opportunity. Please send more!

1 comment:

C.W.Holeman III said...

I congratulate you on your courage to pray for something so difficult, and commend you for taking the opportunity when it presented it's self.

P.S. I found you via a comment of yours on Bethany's Blog and just started going through your back posts.

P.P.S. Your kitchen blunders are quite entertaining.