Monday, March 22, 2010

On a day like today...

...When I can feel my dad's chuckle in the other room, by the low vibrations in the air....

...When my brother tells a new riddle at the supper table...

...When my parents and I work side-by-side in the garden...

...When I hear the laughter of my siblings and the good-natured teasing as they play hard in the yard behind me...

...When my older sister looks at me across the table and there's laughter in her eyes...

...Or when she's passing through the kitchen as I wash dishes, and I'm singing, and she stops to join in...

...Or when my brother is practicing guitar and he and I sing a new song together...

...Or when my younger sister wants to talk about the day...

...When the backyard breeze that ruffles my hair is as familiar as the ground I tread...

...Or when we laugh as three of us try to squeeze into the same seat when we're hanging out together in the living room after supper...

...Or when we pray together before bedtime...


...On days like today, I'm so glad to be home.

2 comments:

Caitlin said...

I love days like those too!

I just realized that I never answered your question. I am the fifth born, four older siblings and seven younger. The oldest three are married and the fourth will be married in May. So, I will be the oldest living at home soon!

Barbara said...

Love it, thanks for sharing, hugs Barbara