Monday, March 8, 2010

My First Vlog!

Is it "Vlog" or "V-log"? I don't know which - all I know is that I wanted to do one. I still sorta do. I'm still sorta glad I'm posting my first one. If I could just get over being mad at my computer.

Note: I wrote this post yesterday, but my computer was being finicky (still) and I just turned the thing off without publishing the post. But today has been love-e-lee, and I think I've got my stock of patience restored, so I decided to try again. Hence you get to enjoy this post a day late. :))

It's been one of those days.

I hate spending all day on the computer. What I hate even more is spending all day on the computer and not getting anywhere.

Don't worry; I didn't spend all day working on a blog post. That was only one of many things I was trying to do on the computer today.

(Notice all the italics and bold lettering? I must still be mad. Sorry.)

On Saturday I recorded my Vlog clips, and spent several hours in the afternoon playing around with them on the video-making program on my computer. I love that thing (the program, not the computer, remember?) I had such fun, adding music, cutting and editing what we had filmed, adding photos, special effects, ...even title and credits! I could do that for a living, ...I think. :)

There's only one problem. I should have known; it happens every time I design a video with this program. It turns out great, but when I try to save it, the format it saves in is....really strange. So strange that no other program can play the video. Not even Windows Media player.

And not even Blogger.

You know what this is leading to.

Yup; I can't upload the video!

Soooo, I'm offering you the very basic clips; un-edited, without music, and certainly no title and credits. Sigh. Just plain old me.

You know what else I did that makes me mad? I uploaded these videos backwards. It comes in two parts, and part 2 is on top. Make sure you watch the last one first. Make sense?








And because it's against my principles to leave my readers feeling as discouraged as I do, I refuse to end on a sour note. Computers are, after all, only machines. And frustrations and bad days are just that; "light afflictions," as the apostle Paul would call them. They don't compare with eternity! Time spent in God's Word does wonders for a bad day. I'm so glad He never changes! Let's praise Him!

When upon life’s billows you are tempest tossed,
When you are discouraged, thinking all is lost,
Count your many blessings, name them one by one,
And it will surprise you what the Lord hath done.

Refrain

Count your blessings, name them one by one,
Count your blessings, see what God hath done!
Count your blessings, name them one by one,
And it will surprise you what the Lord hath done.

Are you ever burdened with a load of care?
Does the cross seem heavy you are called to bear?
Count your many blessings, every doubt will fly,
And you will keep singing as the days go by.

Refrain

When you look at others with their lands and gold,
Think that Christ has promised you His wealth untold;
Count your many blessings. Wealth can never buy
Your reward in heaven, nor your home on high.

Refrain

No comments: