Friday, March 30, 2012

Just a Thought...

Would you want the world to see the secret details of your heart and life?

What if your friends could investigate certain things about you?

Would you want them seeing your Internet history? Every page?

How 'bout your bookmarked links?

Your texting inbox and outbox?

The songs you have loaded on your MP3 player, or Ipod, or whatever you might use?

A list of all the books you have ever checked out from the library?

A time log of when you went to bed every night so far this year?

A list of everything you've eaten this year?

Would you want them looking at your bank account summary, and a list of all purchases you have made in the last 12 months?

Would you like the world to know every movie you've ever seen? Every book you've ever read?

What about a recording of every phone conversation you've ever had?

It has been in my mind lately that someday every secret thing will be made manifest, and what has been done in secret will be shouted from the housetops. I do have a best friend who knows not only everything I have seen and said, but also ever thought and considered. I'm going to have to face Him someday and give a reason - an account - for every idle word I've spoken, not to mention every moment I haven't redeemed.

To be quite honest, I don't want the world knowing everything in the above list. I've done some stuff I shouldn't have. I don't want people to think I'm a hypocrite; saying one thing and doing another.

But the reality is that it doesn't matter if the world sees it right now or not: I am what I am, in secret, or before others. Jesus knows that real me. He isn't taken in by my outward behavior. And if I would be ashamed for others to know "the real me," then I ought to feel a great deal of shame this very moment, for there is someone who knows "the real me."

That thought is very heavy and saddening. For, you see, I love this Jesus. I want Him to be pleased with me.

But even as my heart sinks, it skips a beat and remembers that Christ died for this very sinner who sits in this chair. He died already knowing that I would commit countless sins. And He has committed Himself to purifying me, and making me like Him. He's not going to give up. He shall complete whatever work He begins. He IS changing me, and He isn't going to get discouraged and give up. I am His, and that precious reality means I am forever His.

And, regal King that He is, He wants everything that is His to be the best. Including me.

So here I am, Lord Jesus. Take me, shape me, and teach me to do Your will. Thank You that You are honest with Me, and show me exactly who I am. And thank You for loving me in spite of all that, and removing the guilt for all of that.

I've never known anyone like You!

No comments: