Monday, February 25, 2008

Yum!

This past Saturday I tried something in the kitchen that I had never done before: making two different batches of bread at the same time. Both recipes are family favorites, and both were requested for this week, so I figured I would save time and make them at the same time.

Here's what the table looked like when I started:



And here's my Mom's wonderful mixer taking the work out of bread-making (I love this machine - it used to take me 40 minutes to knead 2 loaves of bread by hand; this lady can do 1 loaf in 10 minutes!):


I made the "raisin loaf," which my brothers call "bagel bread" really look like bagels, but decided not to go through the work of making them real bagels. (For those who have never made bagels, that basically means I didn't boil them before I baked them.):


....And, the finished projects:




The bread turned out a little dark, but sliced and tasted great. I love the way the "bagels" looked, but they tasted a little sour. I must have let them rise a little too long. Apparently they weren't TOO bad, though, because they disappeared at breakfast!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Amber, that bread Looks sooooo good! I wish i could have a bight!
But it is just a picture. Your friend:
Sarah