Saturday, February 23, 2008

Rubies...

If I quoted a verse, could you fill in the blank? "...For ______ is better than rubies;"

When I came across this verse in Proverbs this morning, my first thought was "Hey, Proverbs 31! A virtuous woman's worth is far above rubies!"

But that's not what the verse says: "For wisdom is better than rubies; and all the things that may be desired are not to be compared to it." (Prov.8:11)

Wisdom is tied to being virtuous. As Proverb says, get understanding, get wisdom, because wisdom is the principal thing.

1 comment:

Sommer said...

Hi Amber!

I'm visiting from the S&S sewing forum:-) What a lovely blog you have here! Although I am already married and have started my family, I am new in the area of Proverbs 31 and praying the Lord continues to guide me in this. I look forward to reading your thoughts.

Blessings,
Sommer