Wednesday, July 6, 2011

A Sighting

Today I saw her.

The perfect model of beautiful young womanhood.

The hair I've always wanted - dark brown, perfectly smoothly curled, falling in fat ringlets around a perfectly framed face.

Gracefully curved cheek and jaw line. Delicate brows.

Eyes large and liquid, soft and gentle.

Just a touch of makeup - enough to accent pink rosy cheeks, sparkling eyes, and perfect lips and teeth.

Poise, grace. A cheerful, gentle voice. Not too loud or too soft.

Clothes that were so perfectly appropriate and beautiful that I don't remember what they were, just that they were neat, clean, and made her cheeks pinker.

And her beauty was not spoiled by arrogance, impatience, or fretfulness. She smiled, waited her turn, asked for things politely, and knew how to articulate her desires clearly and honestly.

I stared, and felt humbled. For a fleeting moment, I felt jealous. Then I felt awe. Then I felt jealous again. Then I wondered who she was, and how she had stayed so unspoiled in manner while being so beautiful.

And right now, I'm sitting here thanking God that He blessed me with chance to see outer and inner beauty combined.

It's inspiring.

2 comments:

Sarabeth said...

Lovely post, Amber dear. I think you are quite as inspiring as the girl you described. I hope you are well!

Amber said...

You're sweet. :) Yes, I'm quite well. Hope you are too! Miss you!