Thursday, February 4, 2010

Impressions....

...Scissors going snip, snip, snip...

...The quiet rustle of satin...

...Pearl beads rattling on a hard table top....

...Sunlight from a snowy outdoors bouncing through the windows, glinting off a thousand white surfaces and textures on the table...

...The touch of smooth fabric under my fingertips...or the contrasting feel of beautifully knotty complicated lace...

...The pleasant weight of a roll of fabric almost as tall as me...

...Feasting my eyes on the richest blue ever dyed into a fabric, shiny and deep...

...The smell of cloth; some of it with accumulated scents from years of waiting, other pieces with the smell of the factory still folded into the layers...

...The taste of pin heads between my tongue and teeth...

...The familiar long cold finger of my tape measure draped over my neck...


...All of this means that wedding plans are underway in a big way! My sister's wedding is only 12 short weeks away, and I have SOoOoOoOo much sewing to do. Five dresses in twelve weeks - can I do it (and still have a life in other areas)? I hope the answer is yes!

No comments: