Tuesday, November 10, 2009

I'm really not sure why I'm posting this.

The only reason I can come up with is that it makes me laugh. And you know me; if it makes me laugh, I want to make other people laugh. :)

I just thought some of you might get a kick out of seeing what I look like when I'm writing. I really get "into it," ya know. In the picture below, I'm not working on a blog post (obviously - see the pen?) but I'm working on writing something, just the same. I was trying to come up with new lyrics to an old tune.

Now, usually, I'm not one to broadcast it when I look a little foolish. I'm afraid my pride level is still too high. But when it comes to writing, a lot of things go out the window for me. I abandon all ideas of caring what people think of me, and just do whatever it takes to get the ideas flowing - up to and including laying across a bed with my head hanging off the end while I brainstorm.

I really, really, really love writing. It's a heart thing, for me. ...And I guess my whole body gets into the act:


Sorry about the fuzziness.

I can't help but chuckle. Maybe you don't think it's funny. That's okay - I really don't care. :) I just felt like shouting "I LOVE WRITING!" and this photo was the first idea that popped into my mind.

It kinda feels good to have at least one area in my life where I don't care what people think about me. Most of the time I'm so trapped by other folks' expectations. Do you ever feel that way?

Its a hard thing. There's a balance somewhere, between caring and not caring. Of course we want to be sensitive to others, and respect them and their opinions. And of course we want to feel liked and loved and admired. And of course we don't want to cling stubbornly to our own views and opinions if they are wrong. ...But we don't want to be wishy-washy either, swayed by every person who crosses our path.

It is a comforting thing to know the Bible holds the secret to finding a balance. Sometimes that comforting thought is the only thing that keeps me sane when I'm trying to find my own balance. Because I care what people think. A lot. ...But I care MOST about what Christ thinks.

And that helps.

A lot.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

You did make me laugh, although I'm not sure if it was because of the post itself or just the idea of a post like that! :D Maybe it was both. Anyway, you succeeded here, at least!! :D Oh, and by the way, I LOVE your book, "Ask Thy Father"!! It's been a real encouragement and inspiration!!!