Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Random things about me

~ My favorite colors are the ones most found in nature; blue, green, brown, etc. But I've never seen a color I didn't like...only color combinations I didn't like.

~ I love my books. In a rainstorm, I automatically pull my coat over any books I am holding. If there isn't room for both the books and me, off comes the coat!

~ Lately I've been very bad at keeping up with this blog.

~ I talk more in public than I do at home. (Is that good or bad?)

~ I love, love, LOVE to fold bath towels. Give me a pile to do and I'm happy!

~ I truly haven't forgotten to finish the story I started telling on here. I'll get to it eventually. :)

~ If I'm going to get together with a friend, I'd rather work side by side on a project and talk, than go do something like shopping or eating out.

~ I am a terrible whistler.

~ Contrary to popular opinion, being a seamstress does not mean I am a very patient girl by nature.

~ I used to not mind being stereotyped - didn't bother me a bit. Now I can't stand it.

~ One of my not-so-secret dreams is to someday ride an ostrich.

~ I have a very keen sense of smell and love it.

~ I love, love, LOVE sweet potatoes

~ If I could visit any place in the world, I'd pick a missions orphanage in India.

~ I'm scared of heights....but climb trees anyway. (Well, when I was younger. Now I just climb other tall things, like buildings and mountains and stairs.)

~ I can wiggle my ears.

~ I'm wondering if you were interested enough to read this far, and what you are thinking by now.

~ I love to write, but find it very hard to make myself sit down and start. Writing is my stress-relief. If I'm flustered and worried I don't want to sit down and do it, but if I do...ahhhhh! Relief! (Psst!....This means that if I haven't posted in awhile you can make a pretty good guess that I'm stressed or else really busy. Drop me a note and tell me to write. :) :) :)

~ One of my hobbies is reading biographies about old actors. My favorite actor of all times is Roy Rogers, both because I like his movies and he's the only actor where I did not find "dirt" in his private life when I researched it. A Christian in Hollywood - amazing!

~ The apostle John is my favorite disciple.

~ I am awful at picking names for things that belong to me. I've had several pets in my life time, and I do believe my siblings have named all but one of them. If it belongs to someone else, I can think of lots of names, but if it's mine I draw a blank on a good name. (My poor children someday!....)

~ When I was in school, I LOVED every subject but grammar, which I hated with passion. Exactly one year before I graduated, I fell in love with it, and have liked it ever since.

~ I have the best family in the world.

~ I adore being outdoors on a beautiful day.

~ I've made over 600 pizzas in my lifetime.

~ I've only seen the ocean twice.

~ I like interior decorating.

~ I don't say "how are you?" unless I mean it. If someone else says it and I don't think they mean it, I won't answer them. They've never noticed. (...I hope.)

~ I have the amazing gift of being saved from sin and knowing Jesus Christ personally.

~ God answers my prayers.

~ I think it's really cool that my circle of blog readers is small enough that I can recognize almost everyone who comments, and know a little bit about each of you....though there's always room for one more. :) :)

~ I am easily startled. My siblings know this. I jump or scream when I am startled. My siblings know this also. (Ahem.)

~ I like public speaking.

~ I LOVE meeting new people.

~ I love good fellowship.

~ I can't wait for Saturday.

6 comments:

Melanie said...

Oh that was so fun! I enjoyed getting to learn some random things about you! That is funny that you talk more in public than at home. I'm a motor-mouth at home and can barely get out an intelligible word in public!!

I am easily startled too. :-)

You said if we hadn't heard from you, to drop you a note and tell you to write. ;-) Eagerly awaiting an email! :-D (But I know I wrote you a book that may take a while to write back to. ;-) )

Again, this was a fun post! Hope your Saturday goes WONDERFULLY!

Ruth Ann said...

Ha! I startle easily too... Much to my shame sometimes, and my siblings laugh at me, but oh well!

Oh btw Amber, I didn't want to 'shout out' myself really, but I just thought that you might like to know that I have started a blog. It's on my profile underneath my 'website.'

Have a blessed day!

Amber said...

Oh goody - I still have readers! Wasn't sure, what with how little I've been writing lately. :) :)

Melanie; I'm glad you enjoyed the post. :) I loved your most recent email, and don't worry; I'm working on a reply. I have part of it written already. :)

Ruth Ann; thanks for letting me know about your blog! I've often clicked on your profile and wished you did have one.:) I jumped over there to take a look and really look forward to browsing it more thoroughly when I have more time. It looks nice!!

Kristen Michelle said...

~ I don't say "how are you?" unless I mean it. If someone else says it and I don't think they mean it, I won't answer them. They've never noticed. (...I hope.)


I love this. =) (I also liked the note about the 600 pizzas ;) )

Ruth Ann said...

:D

Yeah, I *read* most of your blog, but lately life has been so crazy that if I do get to read it then I just haven't been taking time to make many comments. So...that's it.

Awww, you're sweet. =) My blog isn't any big deal but maybe you'll enjoy it...it's more for my photography/also I love to write...so I enjoy it a lot!

sandra said...

I'll be praying for you on Saturday, Amber. I really enjoyed this post. Ha ha I didn't know you secretly want to ride an ostrich, that would be funny for me to watch you do that :)