Friday, April 12, 2013

Because all of the sudden I feel like blogging

I know better than to turn down that urge to blog - I get it so seldom these days. My mind is filled with other things and, though I feel sorry for my forsaken readers, I enjoy the freedom of not being required to blog.

I started blogging because I wanted to be one of those big money-making bloggers.

Ha.

And "HA!" again. :) That's never happening. And I'm perfectly fine with that. This way, I don't have to worry about blogging at least three times a week and having a fantastic camera. I can blog whenever I want to, and I know all (most of?) my readers by name. (Hello, lurkers - want to join that group?Hint hint.)

So, anyway....I felt like blogging tonight.

I wanted to make a random list of "things you may not know about me." At the onset, that seems a selfish type of blog post, but we all know, deep inside, that we like knowing personal things about other people. We all have a bit of a snoop in us. :)

So....

Random Things You May Not Know About Me

(Warning; if you read this, you must agree to share at least ONE unusual fact about yourself with me!)

- I love to read lying flat on my back on my bed, backwards, with my feet propped on the headboard.
- I don't like caramel very much.
- I LOVE to paint. (Um...yes, I guess I like painting rooms too. But I meant canvases.)
- I've never broken a bone.
- I've lived in the same house all my life.
- I love chocolate!  I forgot. This is a list of UNKNOWN things, right?
- I eat my pizza backwards. (I start at the crust and go to the tip.)
- I've never been in water deeper than I am tall.
-  I am scared of heights, but I LOVE speed. This creates a dilemma when flying or going on roller coasters. (Just for the record, I've only done those one time each.)
- I am semi-fluent in ASL (American Sign Language)
- My spine is crooked. I have to wear a lift in one shoe.
- I love hugs.
- I usually prefer TV shows (old ones, please!) to movies.
- I have a phobia of sitting with my back to a door.
- I am not afraid of public speaking.
- I am afraid of the dentist. Seriously afraid. Ridiculously afraid.
- My favorite music is full orchestra.
- I despise Veggie Tales.
- I can make homemade bread, noodles, donuts, fig nutons (GREAT. It's 10:48 pm, and I cannot think of how to spell that word, to save my life), toothpaste, laundry soap, face wash, and candles. I cannot make hair gel. Tried that. Twice. Ick.
- I love to write historical fiction.
- Spelling and Grammar were my worst subjects in school. ....Sorta. Math and Science weren't so good, either. But I loved school. Just went along my merry way, knowing I wasn't so good, but having fun anyway!
- I drive with my thumbs and pinkies on the steering wheel.
- I love to grill.
- I do NOT like soda.
- As of this past fall, I have my own sewing business (More about that coming up soon, I hope!)

Okay. Enough about me. Tell me some random things about yourself!





4 comments:

Britney said...

I loved your post! Let's see something you may not know...I am scared to death of needles! Yes, I use them every day to stick other people, but when it comes to me getting stuck it's another story. Even getting my finger pricked makes me want to cry. :)

Angie said...

That was fun to read! I was smiling the whole time :) An unknown fact about myself....I ate a peanut butter and pickle sandwich once. My cousin kept saying how good it was so I finally tried it. You might be surprised that it doesn't taste all that bad. Sort of like the sweet and salty combo you get with french fries and a Wendy's frosty :)

Anonymous said...

Great post Amber! (p.s. I am catching up on some of your posts!:)
Let me think....... Something you may not know......(It's hard to think of one seeing you live with me.;) Maybe you don't know that, I have a tomato sandwhich at Heathers and Eugenes and i kinda liked it.

Kathryn said...

Oh Amber Sue, what a joy it has been to peruse some of your newest posts. I just love your perspective on life -- the joy, the gusto, the wordy descriptiveness, the passionate pursuit of biblical womanhood, but first and foremost, of a relationship with the One Who created her...
You are an inspiration to me in so many ways! I couldn't resist a smile at this post in particular and loved the opportunity to get to know you a little better... I have to admit that, as you said, I definitely have my share of "snoop"... I thrill at hearing all the juicy details. :)
But, since, in your quiet perceptiveness, you may have already known that about me, I'll add one more unknown fact: I really enjoy having my blood drawn. Utterly fascinating.